Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

I was given a great compliment the other day by Matthew’s teacher, “I wish all my students were as sweet as him” makes me smile inside to know that how Mike and I treat him at home extends itself to other areas in his life. Not saying that he is always sugar and spice but he is full of love and happiness even if he is grumping about something.

On Mother’s Day weekend I just wanted to share my happiness for the new life growing and the son that I have that I love more and more every day. His face lights up my life and it brings tears to my eyes to think about the joy and love I will experience when Lily arrives.

If it weren’t for my mother who was always, unconditionally there for me through the good times and bad I wouldn’t be the person and mother I am today. Through all the struggles of teenagerdom, while single parenting, and working her hardest to make sure that I not only didn’t go without, but had the things I deemed important at the time, I thank you from the deepest part of my heart.

And to Mike’s mom, I thank you more than mere words can express for raising the kind of son who treats me with kindness and faithfulness and is the best father one could ask for her children. I am never afraid for our future because I know he is already looking out for us and would do anything to keep us safe and secure. Thank you for helping him become that kind of man.

Happy Mother’s Day


No comments :

Post a Comment