Thursday, January 29, 2015

I wanted to thank you for all the kind words to my progression post. It is very difficult for me, and I think most women, to take a compliment. We tend to notice our flaws instead of our strengths. I am very aware that I do that more often than not but it is very hard not to. I spent the majority of my life pudgy and it wasn't until I had Matthew that I really started working out because I wanted to be a healthy mom, a mom that had the energy to keep up and play with my kids. I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy and it was hard but I lost it all and got in the best shape of my life. I gained 40 lbs with Lily and busted my hump to get rid of the weight afterwards. I gained 35 lbs with Levi and am trying my best to shake these 10 lbs. I have a compulsive desire to weigh myself every morning, I know that is not great but I cannot help myself, so even if I am gaining lean muscle and losing fat, if the scale doesn't move I get discouraged. Just speaking my truth. 

Today was another good carb day in the morning and I had 5 oz lean pork loin for lunch. I am attempting to make chicken ropa  vieja for dinner. I am looking forward to our cheat meal this weekend although I am not yet sure what it will consist of. 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/111745634480175900/
Today's Workout:

One hour of kick ass Body Combat this morning and this new release is very leg-centric; lots of squats and lunges. Also, after most classes is an ab track, so if you don't see a lot of ab work in my regular workouts it is because between Pilates Reformer and ab tracks I am fairly covered.

Legs and light shoulders:
  • Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4×15
  • Leg Extensions 4×15 with 1 drop set 
  • Hamstring Curls 4×12 
  • Squats into overhead press 4 x 12
  • Wide Stance Hack Squat 4×15
  • Standing lateral raise 4 x 12

No comments :

Post a Comment