Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Diet log day 2

Here is todays diet log-- I caved after a monster morning struggling with Matthew to get out the door and got myself a Starbucks BUT I said no whip! I also read that Caffe Americano are okay for your diet so I might start those if I so choose, hello they are only 10 calories for a tall. But what worked for me in the past was to stick to one caffeine pill in the morning instead of the coffee, and per my old trainer, whom I call Gunter but shall remain nameless told me was my best bet. But if I ever see the Espresso Truffle back on their menu, mama is gonna get her self a Venti, I won't even pretend otherwise.

Food was same as yesterday except the no whip on the mocha and for dinner I am having a chicken brocolli casserole from the Flat Belly Diet Family cookbook and I had a yogurt and fresh pineapple after lunch. On the plus I did not order an Ameretto Mocha coffee whilst driving a co-worker through the drive thru at Liquid Hwy (SCORE ME) AND I did not venture in to my other co-workers area where he stores snickers and reese's cups, not the minis either, the real deals. Hi five on the self restraint!


So as my reward I need a skirt, a  blue polka dot skirt.... know where I might find her?

And, I came across this recipe that I am going to try this weekend for Easter breakfast for the family. I Know its not on the diet plan but you DO have to build in a splurge, even on day 7 of said diet. Right?

Compliments of http://beautyandbedlam.com/


Stuffed French Toast Casserole with Fruit
10 slices firm bread, cubed
8 ounces of cream cheese, cubed or softened (depending on your preference, you may use up to 16 ounces)
10 – 12 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of syrup
2 cups of milk (or mixture of half and half, cream and milk equaling two cups)
Fruit, your preference – strawberries, peaches, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries etc.
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Butter 9×13 baking dish. Layer half of bread slices or cubed pieces. Cover with cream cheese, either by spreading on bread slices or layering cubed cream cheese pieces, and then layer your choice of fruit. Have fun with the fruit choices. I have used a mixture of every fruit imaginable. Cover with remaining bread. Blend eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla, and pour over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
You're welcome.

No comments :

Post a Comment