Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

I have been SICK and I don't get sick! I am blaming the husband who started this and then Matthew. It started Sunday...

Saturday morning, aka Valentine's Day, was Combat class and then we had our cheat meal for dinner which was pizza and a brownie with ice cream, I hated myself during and after the meal. The point of the cheat meal is to enjoy your cravings without guilt so that you don't fall off the wagon the remainder of the week. I think next time I cheat I will have to do so outside the house so that I don't take another extra bite. In my head I was going to take 2 cardio classes on Sunday and do weights but instead I was sick and slept in so I missed morning Combat. I did half ass it through Body Attack but was feeling sicker as the class went on. I came home instead of dong weights after and laid low the remainder of the day. I stuck to my diet though with the addition of some hot honey water for my throat. I woke up Monday feeling cruddy still but since it was President's Day and I had all 3 kiddos alone I had no choice but to get up and make the best of the day, which meant I went to the gym and did chest and tri.

Tuesday since we were iced in I did not make it to a morning workout since there was no child care available but did pull it together for a great evening Combat class.  I am again frustrated with my progress. I have asked Mike to re do my diet plan since I am not seeing any changes. I keep TRYING to remind myself that I was just pregnant with my third baby three months ago and I am able to fit into my pre pregnancy jeans, but its not satisfying yet. I want to not feel mushy and pliable. I want to not care about it. I want to not compare my stomach to that of non mothers. Not comparing is so hard to do, I think we all do it to some extent but I have realized that I do it to an extreme and am working on this flaw of mine to enjoy my journey and be thankful for how far I have come.

Wednesday was the first time I have missed the gym completely because I was feeling very cruddy. I went to the minute clinic as I do not have a regular doctor because as I mentioned I don't get sick. Alas I have pink eye in both eyes, an ear infection and ridiculous head cold, antibiotics it is. I did not stick to my diet yesterday, I made an orange juice and vanilla protein smoothie and had oats for breakfast but did not eat again until late evening which was an apple and some peanut butter crackers. Even Mike commented on how I don't get sick like this as he was nice enough to close the bedroom door and watch the kids as I took a 2 hour nap. I am feeling a smidgen better today and if I keep feeling better I will combat tonight and try to get a leg workout in as well.

I have a few friends that have been asking for tips and workouts and I hope you all are enjoying the journey as well

No comments :

Post a Comment