Friday, February 6, 2015

Stronger Today

Today is the first day I have noticed that I am feeling stronger. I worked legs today and did more weight on each exercise than I normally do and probably could have done more.

I ran on the treadmill for my warm up which is the first time I didn't feel all floppy while doing so.

Legs:
4 x 15

Weighted Sumo Squats
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
Hack Squats
Leg press
Hamstring curls
Leg extensions

As I have stated before the new combat release has a ton of squats and lunges so I have not been incorporating lunges into my leg days lately.

I also found the trick to keeping my sweet tooth in line. I made protein 'sludge' per Muffin-Topless.
It's 1 scoop chocolate protein, 2 tbsp. peanut butter powder and 1 tsp. cocoa powder with just enough water to mix it, then pop it in the freezer to set and take a spoonful when ever the need strikes. Tastes like a peanut butter cup.(Random side note, whenever I see the word POP I first read it as Poop and have to always double check that I write and/or am reading the right word).

It's my high carb day and for my protein I made pork loin in the crock pot yesterday and it was a lot better than drying the crap out of it in the oven. Carbs today are oats for meals one and two and that is it for the day, just a double portion.

I made this dinner last night for the kids and it went over surprisingly well- Matthew is a picky eater and he declared it was delicious.

http://realfoodbydad.com/shepherds-pie-pockets/





No comments :

Post a Comment